Happy Wednesday! It is Hump Day!! (Said in my mind like the cammel on the t.v. commercial) Today is one of those days that I run here and there until 9 p.m. and then fall into bed! I don’t allow our famiy too many days like this a week. It is too much to many days in a row, but one day a week I can handle it. I wanted to share with you a meal that is easy to make on a crazy day. I made it in a dutch oven, but it could be made in the Instant Pot or crockpot. It will be just as delicious! I served the Wine Braised Beef Short Ribs over brown rice with mushrooms cooked into them. Easy to throw all items in a rice cooker and it will be magically ready when you are!
HERE’S THE RECIPE:
Wine Braised Beef Short Ribs:
6 Beef Short Ribs
1 bottle red wine. I used a cabernet.
1 yellow onion- chopped
4 large stalks of celery- chopped
4 carrots- chopped
3 garlic cloves- chopped
3 tsp italian seasoning
S & P
1 jar spicy tomato sauce- I used organic and gluten free
6 cups beef broth
1. In pan add a few tbsp olive oil or coconut oil. Sautee veggies until soft.
2. Deglaze the pan with bottle of wine. Cook until it has reduced in 1/2.
3. In a frying pan heat a few tbsp of oil until very hot.
4. Sprinkle beef with S&P. Sear meat in frying pan until brown on sides.
5. Add beef sock, tomato sauce and seasonings to veggies and wine.
6. Dunk beef into wine and allow to cook for 1 hour in the oven at 400 or in crockpot all day.
7. You can remove meat from the bones before serving over the rice or serve with the bone in. The meat just falls off of the bone Sprinkle with fresh Parsley just before serving.
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
Instant Pot Gluten Free Beef Short Ribs
Gluten Free Cheesy Polenta
Gluten Free Wine Braised Beef Short Ribs
This recipe looks impressive to serve but it's easy to make and so delicious!
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do!
Best Wishes for Gluten-Free Dishes!
Leave a Reply.
I am so glad you are here!